ALO Finland Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) introduces Innovative Pedagogy and EdTech in Finland. The emphasis is on the practical approach and solutions that can be repeated, benchmarked and further developed worldwide. Teachers can learn from the best practices in Finnish schools via videos, text and photos. Investment on teachers pays dividends for all stakeholders: children, parents, teachers, principals, school owners and nations.
Education and employment contribute to economic development and positive social outcomes. Human capital is a key factor for growth, development and competitiveness. Innovation is the engine of economic growth in an increasingly knowledge-based global economy, but more investment is needed to help boost human creativity. Finland’s Innovation Index is high and its Education strong.
The digital teacher training course provides an insight into Finnish schools and offers an opportunity to visit primary schools in Finland online.
Finnish Education 2.0 brings great academic results, whilst cultivating curiosity, creativity and future innovators. End result of an excellent education is academically strong, happy and healthy children, who become well informed and more sustainable global citizens than previous generations.
Join the Course:
1. Introduction to online learning environment and authentic learning.
2. Curriculum change, competence and sustainable future. The new national curriculum (2016) introduces multi-disciplinary, phenomenal learning and seven competences such as ICT, entrepreneurship, life skills to meet the needs of ever changing world.
3. Teacher autonomy
4. Innovative teaching and learning
5. Who says learning can’t be fun?
6. Whole schools as encouraging learning environment